How I Built It: Optimizer for work and play

Options
BrentOrr
edited May 2023 in Blog

Author: Brent Orr, Solution Architect at Anaplan.

Hello Anaplanners! I’m excited to share a video that I created as part of the ‘How I Built It’ video series — diving into Optimizer and how it can help solve complex problems.

In the video, I give a live demonstration of how to use Optimizer. I show an example of creating the modules necessary to set up a successful Optimizer run, and then use the tool to solve a fun golf problem that I recently experienced. For complex problems that can benefit from linear optimization, Anaplan’s Optimizer is a terrific tool.

If you need to solve a problem with multiple options and multiple solutions, let Optimizer do the heavy lifting and don’t settle for a solution, get the best solution!

Check it out and share your comments and questions.

——
Community Manager note: In our “How I Built It” series, we showcase the incredible talent in the Anaplan ecosystem! From technical content that will help you navigate common challenges, to insights into creative solutions — these videos will offer a peek into how your peers do their jobs. Check out additional How I Built It tutorials:

Comments

• Tim_Mark
    Options

Great demo Brent! I'm not surprised at all that you found a way to incorporate golfing. For those considering what is possible with what was demoed, think of what can be done with employee scheduling!