End Users Ability to Reorder and Reselect Line Items

In the old model version of Anaplan end users had the ability to reorder line items on a user by user basis. This was crucial for setting up saved views, as our users have different needs and wants.

On top of that a even more important feature that was stripped away in the newer 'App' version of Anaplan is to have the ability to show certain line items by default for end users but give access to pulling many more into the view if they choose to do so. Now users can only access a limited subset of line items.

For example, we use a model with hundreds of line items available on the admin side, many of which are useful throughout different points of the year. We used to be able to provide concise default views with crucial information and allow users to pull in anything additional from the hundreds of other reference line items into the view on a case by case basis. Now in order to achieve this we would have to show every single line item by default and make the default view useless until major work goes into end users being able to restructure their view. It is incredibly backwards and not practical for our end users to be able to pull this off.

Let me know if I am missing something and if there is a way to achieve these capabilities for the end user of our system. From what I have researched there is no good solution for what seems like a no brainer functionality. It is affecting our end users on a daily basis, and making the transition to the app version of Anaplan almost impossible.

1 votes

New · Last Updated

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!