Getting started in Anaplan: An interview with Bhumit Jain

KasG
edited August 28 in Blog

Hello Anaplan Community!

My name is Kas Gengadaren, I am the Senior Manager, Global Ecosystem Experience. I recently had the opportunity to interview Bhumit Jain (@Bhumit285), an Anaplanner somewhat new to our ecosystem and a recent learner from the Talent Builder Guided program. We often showcase our experienced community members in our Member Spotlight, but we also have so many inspiring new learners in Community too — I wanted to share more about one of those people!

Bhumit’s curiosity, dedication, and passion for learning were evident throughout the Talent Builder program. I have no doubt that with his drive and commitment, Bhumit will continue to achieve remarkable success in his career, and I look forward to witnessing his incredible growth in the years to come. I’m also excited to share his journey in his own words through the insightful answers he has provided to help other new learners navigate the learning path if they are in the same situation.

Welcome, Bhumit! Let’s get started.

Share a few sentences about yourself: Where you live, what you're passionate about, and a bit about your professional journey.

Hello! My name is Bhumit Jain, and I call the vibrant and dynamic city of Mumbai, my home. My passion lies in unraveling the complexities of the business landscape and gaining a deeper understanding of how various industries function. Over the past two years, I have been on an enriching professional journey with EY LLP, where I serve as an Associate Consultant. My role has allowed me to immerse myself in the FMCG and Pharma sectors, providing me with a wealth of knowledge and practical experience. Additionally, I have been involved in delivering Anaplan app solutions, which has further honed my skills in business modeling and planning technology. This multifaceted exposure continues to influence and drive my career forward.

How did you get involved with Anaplan?

I first came across Anaplan during my graduation when a friend mentioned that their cousin was working with the platform. This piqued my curiosity about EPM tools. After completing my graduation, I learned about the Talent Builder Guided program, which seemed like a perfect opportunity to quench my thirst for learning something new and expanding my knowledge base. I enrolled in the program with the primary goal of gaining a deeper understanding of the platform. That's how my journey with Anaplan began, and it's been an integral part of my professional development ever since.

Tell us about your Anaplan training, connecting with your mentor, and experience with the program.

My Anaplan training was an engaging and enjoyable experience. I connected with my mentor at the onset of my training journey. She was incredibly knowledgeable and responsive, which made the learning process smooth and interactive. We had regular doubt-clearing sessions and weekly calls to address any challenges I encountered along the way. The mentorship didn't just end with formal training; I also reached out to other professionals in the field, and they were more than willing to help me with even the smallest of queries. Our mentor managed a group of 15 trainees, and we had a dedicated WhatsApp group where we could discuss various scenarios and share our experiences. This group not only facilitated our learning but also allowed us to build friendships that have lasted beyond the program. The whole experience with the Anaplan program was not just educational but also fostered a sense of community and support among the participants.

What are your current Anaplan-related goals?

Regarding my current Anaplan-related aspirations, my short-term goal is to become an Anaplan Consultant for a global organization. I aim to leverage my skills and experience to provide impactful solutions and drive business performance. Alongside this, I am working towards achieving the Solution Architect designation, which will enable me to design and implement complex Anaplan models effectively. This dual focus aligns with my ambition to excel in the field of enterprise planning and to contribute significantly to the strategic objectives of an international firm.

What advice would you have for others starting their learning journey?

As you begin your Anaplan learning journey, immerse yourself in the platform with a curious and open mind. Leverage the rich resources available, such as the Anaplan Community and training modules, to build a strong foundation. Practice consistently to refine your skills, and don't hesitate to seek guidance from mentors and peers. Remember, persistence and patience are key — every challenge you overcome will bring you one step closer to mastering Anaplan.

And for fun, what are you reading, watching, or listening to right now?

For entertainment, I'm captivated by shows with intricate plots and compelling character development, which is why I'm a fan of "Breaking Bad" and "Game of Thrones." Christopher Nolan's films are also on my list for their brilliant storytelling and visual innovation. Most recently, I've enjoyed "Panchayat" Season 4, a series that combines humor with poignant narratives against the backdrop of rural India — a perfect blend to relax and escape after a busy day.

…..

Thank you, Bhumit, for sharing more about yourself. I look forward to following your journey in the Anaplan ecosystem and I wish you the best of luck!

Comments