use list property as module row item

hi I'm a noob o Anaplan so this my question may well be relatively simplistic to old hands is it possible to use a property pf a list as a row item in a module? also, is there a difference between a system module and a module a created under modules?

Tagged:

Comments

• HI

There is only one type of module in anaplan, system just refers to how it is used (data, input, system, calculation, output)

You can't surface a list property directly in a module but you can reference it in a formula. I would recommend using a system module dimensioned by the list to hold 'properties' and attributes of the list rather than in the list itself as these a more transparent and can be surfaced in the UX.

See the entry on list properties in the Anaplan Planual

https://support.anaplan.com/lists-66ad1f4c-7c96-4faf-b69f-3c012ffa1e15#xsymq4xxxb-105-03-avoid-using-list-properties

• thanks see I think what you're sating is what I want to do can't be done the way I thought it should but can bw another. very helpful to know not to keep going down a rabbit hole with no end:)

• I think a numbered list and setting the display name has given me exactly what I want

Categories