Follow the order of the lessons as shown for the most effective learning. Since the lessons and exercises build upon one another, your model will be incomplete if you skip lessons, and you will be unable to do the activities in some later lessons.
Time estimates for each lesson are just that, estimates. The time it takes for any given lesson will vary depending on the initial accuracy of your model building process, corrections and rework, and/or exploring extra resources.
If you haven't already done so, ensure you can log in to your Anaplan workspace and familiarize yourself with the features of the launchpad.
Download the Central Library Workbook to begin this section.
The Central Library Workbook is the starter model for this course. Get Extra Help for downloading the model.
- Anaplan Time 3 minutes
- Time Settings 2 minutes
- Version Settings 3 minutes
- Switchover 4 minutes
- Version Formulas 3 minutes
- Introduction to Lists 2 minutes
- Creating Lists + Putting It All Together Exercise 1 10 minutes
- Hierarchical Lists 15 minutes
- Naming Conventions for Hierarchical Lists 4 minutes
- Adding List Properties 6 minutes
- Import to a List 10 minutes
- List Subsets 8 minutes
- Putting It All Together Exercise 2 5 minutes
Download the Engine Workbook to begin this section.
The Engine Workbook contains a clean copy of all the model components from the Central Library section plus some new content needed for the Engine section lessons. Get Extra Help for downloading the model.
- Introduction to Modules 2 minutes
- Creating Modules: Dimensions and Line Items 3 minutes
- Format and Structural Settings for Line Items 5 minutes
- Pivot and Default Views 5 minutes
- Import to a Module 15 minutes
- Putting It All Together Exercise 3 10 minutes
- Adding Formulas: Math and Reference 12 minutes
- Summary Settings 7 minutes
- Adding Formulas: Functions and Logical Operators 40 minutes
- Style Settings 3 minutes
- More Ways to Customize Views 10 minutes
- Putting It All Together Exercise 4 10 minutes
- Actions 5 minutes
- Model History 5 minutes
- Putting It All Together: Challenge Level 15 minutes
UX (User Experience)
Download the UX Workbook to begin this section.
The UX Workbook contains a clean copy of all the model components from the Engine section plus some new content needed for the UX section lessons. Get Extra Help for downloading the model.
- Introduction to User Experience 2 minutes
- Creating Dashboards: Adding Text and Module Views 10 minutes
- Publishing Charts to Dashboards 10 minutes
- Conditional Formatting 10 minutes
- Synchronizing Line Items on a Dashboard 3 minutes
- Sorting 5 minutes
- Filtering 8 minutes
- Functional Areas and Contents Panel 5 minutes
- Adding Users 2 minutes
- Roles 10 minutes
- Selective Access 7 minutes
- Model Roles vs. Selective Access 3 minutes
Complete the Course
You're almost done! The final two activities will be time consuming, however, because you will use all the skills you learned in the prior lessons to build new models. Set aside a few hours for each one.