Expose Copy and Archive (Model Backups) in API

Currently model backups can only be done via the application interface.  The company I am working for does these backups daily and since we support a large number of models this turns out to be a very time consuming process of accessing each model individually and initiating the archiving via the web browser.

Exposing this functionality in the API would be a tremendous time saver for any organizations that support a lot of different models!

This would allow companies to schedule model backups at a certain time intervals or initiate a backup of all of the models they support with the click of a button.

45 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• Status changed to: New
  • Furthermore, this should include API functionality for Archive, and Change Model Status (locked, standard etc.) too.

Where an organization many models, and wants to automate model management, including this functionality, would allow for significant efficiency gains.

• Fully agree. 

All of the tasks here would ideally be apart of this API functionality. 

1. Rename existing model
    2. Change model mode
    3. Import Model

The above routine is something I'm trying to automate via scripting
  • Hello everyone, Any updates on this?

Would like to know how we can execute automation in renaming existing models. Thank you.

• Hello All,

We have exact similar requirements for our project.

We are archiving models, copying and renaming models, putting models in deployed mode and each process is time consuming as in each step, every individual model needs to be visited and either archived, copied or put in deployed mode.

If anyone has updates on automation of these processes, please share here.

@BPifer any lucK in completing your script? I am new to Anaplan and API both, any information shared on this might be useful to me.

Thanks All!

• @Teenu I do not believe this is possible currently using Anaplan's API

• Please include this functionality

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!