Schedule "Copy & Archive" - Backup Model

Options

As a customer, we would like to schedule "Copy & Archive" action to records Back-up of models. Preferably with a direct and easy way : for example in the manage model menu.

This is relevant for customers with more than 5 models to improve security and avoid manual actions (Manuel Copy & Archive). The Archive Name could have the timestamp.

87 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• There seem to be several other posts with a similar request going back over a year....some Under Investigation and some still Needing Community support.  Seems like this is widely desired - can these items be linked to show the Community requests and support is there and push forward to implement a solution?

• Status changed to: New
  • It would be very useful especially there is not a work-around (at least to my knowledge) to schedule this using "REST API"  or Anaplan connect scripts. 

• This is very similar to 

https://community.anaplan.com/t5/Idea-Exchange/Automated-backup-of-models/idi-p/53220

Please kudo both so it gets the proper support. 

To Community admins - can we consolidate these enhancements? 

• We need to automate the "Admin" tasks and "copy and archive" is one of the task we would like to automate . 

• This would be very beneficial and would cut down on manual tasks we have to do as our platform continues to expand! I would add that any automated backup/archive should be produced with a consistent naming convention and date/timestamp. One example may look like "ABAK [10 char. name of workspace]-[10 char. name of model]-[date/time]".

• mmoloney
    Options

This functionality would be a great addition. Hopefully this can be added to the roadmap as soon as possible.

• We have the same requirement and this could simply be scheduled avoiding manual repetitive activities

• +1 

• Exactly, a solution where the model automatically gets Copied and Archieved every day/ week/ month or as per users need, will be highliy appreciated. 🙂

• This would be very helpful! 

• ujourney
    Options

Is this being considered, whether internal scheduling via UI or API functionality? This would be very helpful.

• Yes I agree. This would be an excellent feature to schedule these copy and archive processes.

• KBeltz
    Options

An outstanding yes!

• Hi, this is something that would be very useful, someone of you knows if this is on schedule for Anaplans Enhancements? Thank you in advance, Joana

• I'm wondering what the status is on this request? @Miran

• Any updates on this ? There are several similar requests :

And I agree with the rest of the community : it should be an out of the box functionality where we could easily schedule and customise the name of the backups

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!