Getting started in Anaplan: An interview with Pulkit Chawla

Hello Anaplanners!

My name is Kas Gengadaren, and I am a Senior Manager for Global Ecosystem Experience at Anaplan. One of the things that I love about my role is connecting with people at all stages of their journey in the Anaplan ecosystem, and shining a spotlight on them and their accomplishments. I recently shared an interview with Bhumit Jain, and today I'm excited to showcase another outstanding Community member — Pulkit Chawla (@PulkitChawla)!

Pulkit is an active Community member, always willing to help (he has over 120 comments in Community!). In our recent August Challenge, people were invited to comment with creative or useful Anaplan models they've built, and Pulkit shared a model he built for an online cricket tournament! You can check it out here.

Please check out my interview with Pulkit below!

……….

Welcome, Pulkit! Please share a few sentences about yourself: where you live, what you're passionate about, and a bit about your professional journey.

Hello, my name is Pulkit Chawla, and I hail from Sonipat, Haryana. I am passionate about learning new things — this helps me stay engaged, motivated, and driven. Talking about my professional journey, I am working as an Anaplan Consultant at Deloitte. I am an Certified Solution Architect, and hold the rank as an Anaplan Community Certified Boss in the Community. My role is to deliver high-quality Anaplan modeling solutions to our clients, helping them with technical challenges, all while building strong relationships with them. This exposure continues to influence and drive my career forward in Anaplan.

How did you get involved with Anaplan?

I came across Anaplan in my first job in 2021, where after completing my graduation, I joined the team working with Anaplan as an intern. I started doing the Anaplan certifications after joining, and after completion of Level 1, I started contributing to projects where I could leverage those skills.
This is how my journey started in Anaplan — it has been an integral part of my professional career.

Tell us about your Anaplan learning journey. How did you learn Anaplan? Share about the courses, tools, and methods you used to learn the platform.

My Anaplan journey has been wonderful, and involved me working with highly experienced people and utilizing useful Anaplan resources. From the start of my career, I was fortunate to have good mentors who have taught me a lot, and because of that I have learned so much. They have grilled me so much, helping me gain a more technical understanding of the platform. I have completed my Anaplan Solution Architect certification to better use my learning from Anaplan courses on live projects. I find the Anaplan Community a useful site for expanding my learning as well as providing exposure to the use cases we are not working on in daily project work.

What are your current Anaplan-related goals?

My current Anaplan goal is to gain more business and functional understanding to become functionally strong. Along with that, I want to work on more of the Anaplan-related integration tools, like Anaplan Connect, so that I can utilize it in my project work.

What advice would you have for others just starting their learning journey?

As you begin your Anaplan journey, start going through the content available on the Community. There are various very good articles on the Community, including topics ranging from basic to advanced. This will help you learn the things which might not be covered in certifications. Also, before building a solution in Anaplan, think about best practices to follow and make your solution well-optimized. Once you have a design ready in your mind, only then jump into developing the solution.

You're active in the Anaplan Community can you share what aspects of it you find most valuable and the best way for others to get involved?

I find Community provides every individual the opportunity for learning and contributing to growth of other Anaplanners as well. You will come across ‌problems someone is facing in Anaplan for which you can provide a solution or vice versa. At times, you will get to know multiple solutions to a problem statement. I would say the best way to get involved is by interacting with other Anaplanners by seeking guidance and helping each other. This will also help you make good connections outside your professional network.

And for fun, what are you reading, watching, or listening to right now?

I like to watch movies, web series, and play online cricket games during my free time. I recently watched the Kota Factory web series on Netflix. Along with that, I like to catch up with my school friends during weekends and spend ‌good quality time with them.

……….

Happy Anaplanning, Pulkit! It was a pleasure to get to know you and I wish you the best of luck!

Comments