Add conditional formatting on multiple line items at once

Ability to add conditional formatting on more than one line item at a time.

It will save a lot of time spent on formatting if can be just selected the line items which needs to be formatted from a module and add it at once, instead of line by line. 

Tagged:
213 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

Comments

• This would help a lot. On top of that it would be great to set up a default formatting, that will be show/selected whenever the formatting is used. Most of the time the formatting has to do with indicating what cells are open for input. In that case the default formatting can be used and in all other cases like error flagging the formatting can be set manual.

@Manuela_Apostol wrote:

Ability to add conditional formatting on more than one line item at a time.

It will save a lot of time spent on formatting if can be just selected the line items which needs to be formatted from a module and add it at once, instead of line by line. 

• Status changed to: On Roadmap
  • This would be very beneficial to our team as well. We use a lot of conditional formatting on saved views of modules and dashboards. From a model builder perspective, the current process to add conditional formatting is clunky and requires a lot of seemingly-unneccessary repetition.

It would also be very beneficial to have changes made to conditional formatting in a saved view of a module carry forward to dashboards that have that saved view published without requiring the saved view to be re-published before it reflects the changes to the conditional formatting. (ie. when you make conditional formattig changes to a saved view, the dashboard would immediately reflect the changes).

• Wow... This is a popular request! How can we say no - we can't.
    We'll be revamping these screens as we add conditional formatting in the New UX so we'll make sure we have a quick way of applying the same conditional format to multiple line items.

Cheers, Simon

Director, Product Mgmt, Anaplan

• Thank you very much for this great news @simon_ritchie. We can´t wait for it!

Kind regards, Manuela

Anaplan Consultant, Sonum International 

• 1.5 years on the roadmap. 😎 Any update @simon_ritchie ?

• Thanks @CallumW and @PhilippErkinger ! This idea gets kudos everyday so still a desired functionality even after 2 years since has been created. 

• Also in NUX still a very desired functionality, would save a lot of time and clicking if this could be put in place.

• @Manuela_Apostol It is indeed a brilliant idea. This certainly deserves as much as upvotes it needs for this to be a feature in Anaplan soon.

• Thank you for your support @maud_vermeulen and @Adithya S !  As we are moving towards the NUX anyway is where I expect this to happen 

• Always think about this one...Also, perhaps conditional formatting using line items from other modules with common dimensions, similar to the way we can use Filters, would save some cell count for sure.

• How about a feature that allows users to duplicate a current rule (placed right next to the "New Rule...", "Edit Rule..." and "Delete Rule" buttons)? This would allow a user to easily create similar rules without starting from scratch every time.

• I would use this option to highlight the line items on the current period. Awesome idea!

• I definitely support this idea! Especially most of my users now whats to have their inputs shaded in Yellow.

• How is it going with this request? @simon_ritchie @Rebecca 

• @eije.wiersema Simon has left the ship. 😉 Not sure who is running the show now but @philip.austin may know. 😎

• Hi, I like the idea, too.

Yet, I see two more topics mentioned, which could be tackled differently: 

@CommunityMember122594 

Highlighted input cells: We already have the color coding for input cells, what it would need would be to include its customization into an overarching (app-wide) color schema. 

@JaredDolich 

CurrentPeriod formatting Would be great to have an option to highlight the current period differently (system setting, e.g. month, but also derived the lowest level of granularity, e.g. quarter of the current period, year of the current period).  

• Thanks all for your feedback and discussion on this - it's something the Product team is aware of and it is on our longer term roadmap to improve this. We'll be sure to update here when we have a better idea of a timeline in the future.

Emily - Application Experience Product Team

• Hi Emily or Team! Any updates on this? We still think it would be great. Thanks!

• Great idea! Would be really useful. 

• I don't see any update and/or ability to do as many requests here. Anaplan?

• Anyone any idea if ability to add conditional formatting on more than one line item at a time is now live ?

Get Started with Idea Exchange

See our Submission Guidelines and Idea Evaluation Criteria, then start posting your own ideas and showing support for others!