'Freeze Panes' Functionality When Scrolling in a Module within a Dashboard

'Freeze Panes' Functionality When Scrolling in a Module within a Dashboard

The ability to freeze the rows or columns when scrolling within a module that has been published to a dashboard.  In some instances, when you cannot trim the module to be user friendly on a dashboard and scrolling is required, it is easy to lose your spot as to where you are within the rows or columns of the module.  A 'Freeze Panes' type of functionality, as it exists within Excel, would be incredibly helpful and has been requested multiple times by a client. 

The content in this article has not been evaluated for all Anaplan implementations and may not be recommended for your specific situation.
Please consult your internal administrators prior to applying any of the ideas or steps in this article.
11 Comments
Community Manager

@pbenz - Thanks for taking the time to submit the idea.  We are moving the idea to "Acknowledged" as it meets our Community Guidelines.  We encourage the greater community to provide feedback or ask any questions, as well as supporting it with kudos.

Status changed to: Needs Community Support
Certified Master Anaplanner

Thanks for submitting the idea @pbenz. We have this on the roadmap so will let you know when we have more news ;)

I'm super excited about as have a number of uses for it with our internal models! Sure you will be too. :)

-Simon

Anaplan Product Team

Status changed to: On Roadmap
Community Boss

Thanks for the update Simon.  I know many of our clients will love to see that change. 

New Contributor

This is such a simple but great feature. Thanks for submitting and placing this on the roadmap. Looking forward to learning when this will be available. 

Contributor

Thank for submitting this idea. My client will love to see this new features 

New Contributor

As client it would be very appreciate to see this development quickly.

Thanks 

One technique I use on dashboards to limit the need for scrolling is to create a Master Module and a Detailed Module. 

The way this works is the top module would be the master with the list in rows and the most important line items shown in columns.  Then below publish a second module with the list as a page selector and the relevant additional line items in rows.  This allows a user to see the primary data in the main grid but then select an item to see detailed information about it below. 

An example is the Master module could have products and then line items to plan units by time, the detailed module would have the product attributes such as style, cost, price, etc. 

New Contributor

Appreciate if this feature can be available quickly. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

It's now close to a year since the initial request. All the users from our business are eager to see this feature available.

Do we have ETA? thx

New Contributor

Definitely in need of this functionality, especially the ability to freeze header rows on a dashboard!

This seems to be a feature in the New UX. Are there plans to introduce it to the dashboard in the classic?