Newsletter, December 2023
Welcome to this month’s Anaplan Customer Newsletter! This content will help keep you apprised of the latest in our collaboration, inform you of product updates and industry news, and connect you with our broader Anaplan community and resources to stay at the top of your game.
December newsletter includes:
- Anaplan Product Updates
- Upcoming Releases/Maintenance
- Anaplan Events and Community Updates
- General Industry Reads
- New Customer Stories
- Anaplan FAQs and Tips
Attention Certified Model Builders, Certified Solution Architects, and Certified Master Anaplanners – check out the 2024 recertification process here: 2024 Recertification Requirement Announcement: Using Workflow in Anaplan
Anaplan Product Updates subscribe to Anaplan’s feature updates page to stay on top of upcoming releases. Here are a few highlights:
- November 2023 releases and December sneak peek: We launched several exciting new updates in November, including updates to the User Experience
- We are excited to launch a net new PlanIQ forecasting algorithm, further enhancing our intelligent forecasting capabilities for our customers:
We have rolled out Anaplan Prophet, a widely known Facebook algorithm, natively and fully in Anaplan, to provide explainability and automated algorithm tuning to maximize its performance based on the data collection. In addition, it provides faster run-time for model training and forecasting and up to 28 related data time series. Learn more in the PlanIQ Solution Brief and the PlanIQ Algorithms on Anapedia.
- Status Page enhancements and Release Calendar updates: The 2024 Release Calendar is now available. We would urge all Anaplan users to subscribe to the relevant Anaplan region(s) on the Status Page, so they're up-to-date anytime we have maintenance on the Anaplan platform. If you are unsure which region to subscribe to, please contact your Customer Success Business Partner.
- February 17th: Scheduled Maintenance
- February 24th: Scheduled Maintenance
Anaplan Events and Community Updates
- Implementing Polaris: A deep dive on best practices: Now available on-demand, Philipp Erkinger and Niko Vilkko from Bedford Consulting are joined by Stephen Rituper and Dennis Lemoine from Anaplan to discuss the basics of Polaris, use cases, where to focus your time on, and how to think differently versus Classic when approaching a Polaris implementation.
- Community Forum: Last month, we asked Anaplan Community members to share feedback on the following: What are some of the common Anaplan-related challenges your users encounter? What is your internal support process for enabling those users and troubleshooting any problems they have? Share with us and explain your problem-solving process! Read the answers here!
Latest Industry & Functional Reads
- Anaplan is recognized as a Leader and the “poster child” in the recently published Forrester Wave for Digital Operations Planning and Analytics: As a Leader, Anaplan is well-positioned to help you to achieve your operational and strategic goals. With our connected planning approach, ease of use, and scalable architecture, Anaplan empowers your organization to make faster, more informed decisions helping to drive your revenue and profitability growth. Want to learn more? Access the report today.
- Anaplan is recognized again as a Leader in the recently published 2023 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Financial Planning Software: As a Leader, we believe Anaplan is ready to help you to deliver on your operational and strategic goals. Our Connected Planning platform links finance to other functions empowering you and your organization to improve collaboration and make swift, more informed decisions confidently -- helping to drive your revenue and earnings growth. Want to learn about the latest and greatest in the financial planning market? Access your complimentary report today.
- Looking for more Anaplan updates, industry insights, expert guidance, and product innovations? Visit our blog and newsroom today — and be sure to subscribe to receive all the latest news and views from Anaplan sent directly to your inbox.
New Customer Stories
- Brussels Airlines plans with Anaplan: Hear from the Head of Controlling and Business Intelligence how Belgium’s largest airline fuels growth with responsive budgeting and forecasting.
- Roseburg Forest Products builds visibility across its business: Vertically integrated forest products manufacturer connects finance and supply chain planning for better performance — including visibility into return on CapEx projects and SKU-level cost analysis.
- Connected Planning supports healthy growth at Penumbra: Medical device manufacturer creates finance, demand, and workforce plans perfectly suited to its lifesaving business, saving several days each month in finance and enabling six- to nine-month headcount plans.
- Major Retail Bank improves customer service with multichannel staff planning: Leveraging data from multiple systems, a UK-based banking group uses strategic workforce blueprinting to forecast customer support needs across digital, telephone, and in-branch channels. The result is tremendous forecast accuracy and improved Net Promoter Scores.
- Customer Advocacy positions you and your organization as innovators—and can even help you recruit talent and advance your own career—by sharing the compelling, relevant work you do with the Anaplan platform. Please consider joining the Anaplan Customer Advocacy Program.
Anaplan FAQs and Tips
- Don’t miss these tips on how to unite an Anaplan Center of Excellence from Master Anaplanner Nick Alvarez, based on lesson's he has learned leading Autodesk's Connected Planning journey.
- Steven Kraplin, Master Anaplanner from The MathWorks, shares how he solved a recent challenge of designing a model that could efficiently consolidate travel data from various systems. See how he tackled that problem in his recent blog post.
- Community has several new technical articles available:
- All Categories
- 9.6K Forums